Thursday, December 24, 2009

How can i shampoo my car myself?

it has that sort of stuffy humid smell to it. i refuse to pay $69.95 to get it detailed at a car wash.How can i shampoo my car myself?
You can either do it at home with a shop vac or at a car wash.





If you go to a car wash, they will most likely have what you need to do a quick shampoo job on it. Start with the vac, get all the dirt up, shampoo and scrub the carpet, vac it again. To really get the smell out, some places have scent sprays, which is basically like spraying Febreze.





I prefer the at home job, given I have all the right stuff.





I usually start with the vacuuming, then use some Resolve foam and scrub away with a soft brush on the seats and a harder brush for the carpet. Vacuum it up, let dry and you are done.





To really freshen the car up you can use a few other methods, too.





1. Regular old Febreze


2. Once the carpet is clean and dry, you can sprinkle some of that carpet freshener powder and vacuum it up after it sits.


3. Scenter dryer sheets under the seats


4. Or the plain ol' Pine Tree in the mirrorHow can i shampoo my car myself?
rent a carpet and upholstery shampooer. The should have then for rent at any major hardware stores such as Lowes or Home Depot
you want something to work good on carpets ? get some ( tuff-stuff ) auto zone and advance sells it and it works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment