Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do i get the mold smell out of a car? i shampooed my rugs with too much water and cars smells like mold!?

Vinegar seems to be the cure all for everything. Sometimes my washing machine gets a bad moldy smell and I run it through a cycle with a lot of vinegar and the smell is completely gone. Good luck,


janetHow do i get the mold smell out of a car? i shampooed my rugs with too much water and cars smells like mold!?
I don't know having not dealt with mold. But I find ';Febreze'; is wonderful, and you can get this at most stores, even Walgreens. Really douse your car with it where you smell it most, or everywhere. Then spray a TON of a can of air freshner- really cloud up your car. Then shut the doors fast with the windows up and leave it! Let it stay like that for an hour or more.





Do it again. You may also need to get a product for cleaning out mold, but my experience in that is nill. I just got rid of some nasty smells in my car once and the above idea worked wonders.How do i get the mold smell out of a car? i shampooed my rugs with too much water and cars smells like mold!?
Vinegar and baking soda is great to fight those nasty odours.
when your car is in for the night, put two boxes of baking soda in it. (kind of like you do in the refrigerator). After you do that, you could febreze it.
I work for an insurance company, and body shops use extractors to pull water out of flooded cars, becasue until you pull out all of the water and mold that has begun to form you will just be covering the smell. It might smell ok for a little while, but it will come back -trust me. Call a local body shop, and ask how much they would charge or if they would recomend renting one on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment