Saturday, December 19, 2009

How do I remove the sticky tree resine that falls from the tree from my car? should I use shampoo orplainwater

Where I leave my car parked everyday there is this one tree that keeps releasing little resine drops to the environment and they fall on my car.How do I remove the sticky tree resine that falls from the tree from my car? should I use shampoo orplainwater
try using a hair dryer get it hot and it should come off, then use something like goo-gone to get rid of the restHow do I remove the sticky tree resine that falls from the tree from my car? should I use shampoo orplainwater
oh that happens to my car too.. car was time.. shampoo would work but i'd get a armor all car cleaner thing..
Go to the auto parts store and buy some Bug and Tar Remover. Works great!
WD40 works as will any commercial tar and bug remover
Get a tar remover from the auto supply store.
I've had this same problem with my car -- we've tried goof off and two different brands of bug and tar remover to no avail. What helped me (but it's still not completely off) is putting concentrated spots of Dawn dish detergent on the sap (use a bottle cap or something to try to keep the detergent on it) and letting it sit for a couple hours. Then I also used a Magic Eraser on what was left -- it worked, BUT it dulled the paint in that area, I haven't tried buffing and waxing yet to see if the shine will return.





A little gasoline, kerosene, or lighter fluid on a rag will take sap off your windows with no problem -- but don't try it on the paint.





Hope your sap isn't as persistent as mine :o)
bug and tar remover from your local auto parts store...make sure it is clear coat safe
try caustic or sulfuric acid it should remove paint and anything else on the car then you don't have to waste your shampoo on your car.


p.s. shave your head and you will save money on shampoo!
I use alcohol to remove pine sap from my car.
Liquid soap only and damp cloth, so as not to damage its original color.

No comments:

Post a Comment