Saturday, December 19, 2009

What happens if I only wash my car with car shampoo ?

After I wash my car , I let it dry.


Will my car's paint fade each time I do a car wash if I don't put turtle wax?


Do I need to wax my car ?





ThanksWhat happens if I only wash my car with car shampoo ?
Clear coat or not, you still should keep a layer of wax on your car. Clear coat is simply a transparent paint. Wax will keep a layer that is renewable (by re-waxing every so often) to protect the permanent coatings (clear coat). This is especially helpful with all the contaminants that are in rain water. If you let that water bake in the hot sun like after a mid day summer shower, those minerals will etch into your clear coat and give you those water spots you see so often.





Bottom line, use a high quality wax and use it often.What happens if I only wash my car with car shampoo ?
I am a polymer engineer with dupont,


When you wash your car with a shampoo the shampoo does such a good job of removing dirt dust and grime and any protective coatings, that after wash, your car paint looses its slip (ie: run your finger over a washed car and if it makes a sound your finger has something to grip onto ) What this lack of slip does specially if your car has swirls is attract fine dust and particulate matter in the air which in turn attract oil or grime by way of exhaust fumes from other cars and general use...The best way to protect your car from this is to use a good car shampoo or even hair shampoo without conditioner and after drying use Natural Carnuba Car wax this will greatly reduce the slip of your car and will help maintain its paint work...Please use a silicon based white wax if your car has many scratches as Carnuba wax would leave a very slight yellow tint because of the scratches.
There are a lot of factors to consider at when looking at paint fading, like what colour is the car, do you live or work in an industrial area... and so on.





But I can offer some advice that has helped me:- use a car shampoo, with a wax in it. These are easily available in you local automotive stores.





If the car has a 2 K paint (that is a colour without a glittery finish), it is preferable to polish it every year and wax it once a month, to keep it in good condition.


On the other hand, don't use an abrasive polish on your paint, as this will do more damage in the long run.





So if you only wash your car with shampoo, it'll be clean, but with time your ride will fade...
Usually the cause of fading paint for cars is just too much sun, because it dries out the paint. so whenever your not driving it your car cover it up if possible to protect it from too much sun light. your car paint is just your skin, too much and you get dry, ashy, and light.
I have use shampoo for 25 years, works well


my mother was going to throw a gallon of unwanted shampoo, instead I took it and used it to was my car
depends how new your car is, it might not need wax......but wax will protect it some the sun and the elements i believe........
You should wax your car no more then once every 3 months at most. Some waxes last longer.
Most newer cars do not really need to be waxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment