Thursday, December 24, 2009

Would ordinary hair shampoo damage car-paint?

I ran out of car shampoo the other day, and i needed to clean my car, knowing that detergents and dishwashing pastes spoils the paint, i used my hair shampoo instead, and it was great, works just like the expensive brand that i use n my car, smells good too :p I just wanna know if hair shampoos contain chemicals that may harm car-paint in long term use?Would ordinary hair shampoo damage car-paint?
There are some people who use detergents (like ivory soft soap) and hair shampoos, but most caroholics would not recommend it.





I would think that is has to do w. the PH of each product. Most car products say they have a PH of 7 which is neutral (like fresh destiled water).


Regular hair shampoos have a PH of 5 which is a little more acidic. Now, I don't don't know if that is a major difference or not.





So, I guess I would say just stick to car shampoos if one of your main concerns are paint. Plus some car shampoos are cheaper than hair shampoos.Would ordinary hair shampoo damage car-paint?
i have always used dish washing detergent... had no problems... cheaper than hair shampoo..

No comments:

Post a Comment