Thursday, December 24, 2009

I had my car detailed 2 weeks ago and ever since having it shampooed it smells horrible. I sprayed it with?

Febreze and it didn't help- it seemed to just add a good smell with the bad smell. It smells like a wet dog. I allowed my car to dry completely out for 2 days. Is there anything I can use to make the smell go away? I didn't call the company back because it is a family owned business and I didn't feel comfortable complaining to the person who did it and to the same person who would probably come to my house. Please help!!I had my car detailed 2 weeks ago and ever since having it shampooed it smells horrible. I sprayed it with?
It sounds as though you may have a mildew aka mold aka fungi problem due to the moisture after shampooing. My mom had the same thing happen to her after the Kirby vacuum cleaner salesperson gave her a free carpet shampoo. If I were you, I would make a mixture of lemon juice (you can buy it in the big jars on the fruit juice aisle) and vodka and spray it throughout the car. Let it dry thoroughly in the sun. That should kill the fungi. If it still smells funny, have it cleaned by another car detailer that steam cleans the car and will guarantee that it will dry out more quickly!!I had my car detailed 2 weeks ago and ever since having it shampooed it smells horrible. I sprayed it with?
This can happen for many reasons. One is the chemicals they use to clean your car. This happened to me once and my insurance company paid to have it repaired. Check out the site below for more car detailing information.
maybe you need to ozone it out go to a local fire restoration place they should be able to help you out they have good chemicals also to get odors out

No comments:

Post a Comment